29 December 2009

A Challenge and a Possible Change

As I launch into a whole new world of writing, as I begin to take my craft seriously, I look at this blog and think, "Something has to change".

The first step was obvious: bringing the two sides of myself as a writer together - real world and internet. That has already occurred. If you missed it, check it out:
A Call and a Commitment

An ironic thing happened when I decided to open up this blog to a wider audience. The word verification came up and the words to verify this change were "wrecked" and "life". Randomness, at times, has a way of striking a certain chord.

A friend of mine put it extremely well when he asks me if I really wanted honesty.
I answered that I did and that I knew the dangers and the implications. I was ready to face them.

Despite my liver, I still am.

Honesty is difficult because it stirs up emotions. Emotions stir up arguments. Arguments get out of hand.

As I begin to change, I have to make decisions. Honest decisions. Honest decisions that stir up emotions and arguments and get out of hand.
But, I must remain honest and open to the spirit.
All around me the Tao flows, and all I have to do is step back into it.
The current flows and the spirit moves.
Agape moves us and we reach outside of ourselves.
Phileo stirs us and we reach out to our neighbor.
Eros pushes us and we fall into the flow of the Way.

I'm at a point of uncertainty.
I want this blog to be real and honest and serious.
I also want it to be personal.

Or do I?

This is the point where honesty doeesn't count for much because the problem is a conflict of interests.

Or does it?

The quandary of what to do and which way to turn.
If there were easy answers, we would lead easy lives.

Ah, but to quote The Weatherman, "Easy doesn't enter into adult life."

And so, as I go make my way through this life, I will bear that in mind when the road is rough. And I will keep my eyes up and my soul tuned to the spirit of life and creation and art and truth and Love.

As for all the smaller questions, they will find their answers eventually.
For I will go to the ones I trust and I will offer up my questions and I will hear the answers and I will fall into the Tao.
-------
The second step is embarking on a journey.
For, as the earth completes another cycle around the sun, I am myself arriving at that place of decision. And CfC is arriving with me.

The face of this blog is changing, growing, deepening. And now I am left to deciding what it will be in the new year, and what I want from it and my readers.

Perhaps, I will turn CfC into a zine.
Perhaps, it will be what it always has been - my personal soapbox for the world.
Perhaps, CfC will take on a new character and become something more solid, more professional, less personal.

Perhaps, I do not have to define it but allow it to be what it is.
This moment is the present moment and CfC is what it is.
And it will be as long as it is there.
And I will write when I write.
And readers will read when they read.

Now is the only moment, and I will be alive in it, writing and breathing and creating.

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home