23 December 2009

A Call and a Commitment

I am beginning to understand that if I am going to be relevant, I also have to be real. That if these words and these convictions and these visions can ever matter, can hold any weight, I have to admit first that I have spake them. That if I am going to start a revolution of thought, I first have to admit that I think revolutionarily.
That if I am going to stir anything up, I first have to admit to be stirring the pot.

And so, I am coming out of hiding. Out of the case I had made for myself to protect myself from the world. Out of the sanctuary I have grown myself into and allowed myself peace. Out of the safeguards of my own mind. Out of myself to come and stand among you, so I can be a part of the change when it comes.

I have hid on the sidelines for a very long time - my entire life.
I have made excuses and logiced out real reasons to excuse away my fear of being who I have always been. I have run like Jonah did, but only out of a fear of being named, being recognized, being called out along with those I have called out, being judged along with those I have passed judgement on.

But what sort of speaker hides her face from her audience? What sort of prophet covers his name from his public?

I stand before you now as I am, as all I have been. I stand now plain and transparent. I will allow you to know who I am.
And I will allow you to judge me the same.

So come and stare and see what there is to see and judge what there is to judge, and if I am lacking, I will rise up to meet the challenge and I will pick myself up out of this mire to stand on the stage I have been setting with the current of our river and the burning of our heart.

So, come. Come and see the spectacle and judge if it is worth while.
Come, let us all be real and transparent together.
Come, let us love one another.

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home