14 July 2011

Is this the cusp? Is this a chance? Will it change?

Am I changing the world? Probably not.

In reality, I'm just talking. As freely and openly as I can. Just sharing my thoughts and asking you for your's. Just trying to be challenged and challenge you back.

If that changes the world, I'd be shocked. I'd be thrilled, but I'd be shocked.
Why? It seems like that should work. Like that would be the only way. Like it'd be the best possible way. Like it's the only shot we've still got left. Like it was the only one we ever had.

And yet. Who even cares to listen? Who has the time? Who has the patience? Who wants to turn down the volume enough of their vapidity to even hear anything at all? To realise that everything around them is just more and more and more suffering?

So. Very. Few.

So, then what is the way now? What can we do? What can we say? How can we get your attention again and hold it for more than half a second so that we can actually make a difference?

I suppose I'll just keep talking. To you, to them, to everyone I can. And maybe, eventually, it'll come through the noise. And, in the meantime, until it does, I'll just try to understand and have compassion and peace with you.

Because you're my friend, babe. And I care about you. And I'm not willing to give up. But I'm willing to lose everything else.

3 Thought(s):

Blogger Ralikat thought...

Thank you to the stranger who reminded me that I just have to do what is right and be.

And, that nothing in life worth having is ever easy.

12:13 AM  
Blogger 1Grl RvoLuTion thought...

I listen yet do not speak often. Many more listen than you are aware of. Do not measure your purpose, affect and impact by what your eyes see or even what your mind reveals. The RvoLuTion begins within. How can one measure the value of hope, inspiration & friendship?

Do what you are called to do, what you must do... because it is who you are... regardless of the outcome. That is true. That is change.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Always an inspiration and uplifting to my darker side. Always words that stir something inside that has been lying stagnant or forgotten.

You have been such a comfort to me and have helped me to find the forgotten ways of carrying on.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home