08 January 2011

Seeking the Air

Today, I remember the past. I remember this moment. I contemplate the future. In doing so, I recall that I am anger, I am pain, I am fear. I am death and death is in me. I recall that I am happiness, I am laughter, I am peace. I am life and life is in me.

And so, I smile.

I smile because I know that I am alive and that the moving of time is just the way the world is meant to be. That in peace, I find change. That in a smile, I find a revolution.

That the fire and flames and the burnt offerings of my knowledge have not amounted to nothing. But they have built themselves up into an ashen pyre where we can come to say our prayers.
And then, depart.

That the droplets and eddies and the bits of ice of your knowledge have not come together into nothing. But they have made themselves into a shallow pool where we can come to whisper our desires.
And then, depart.

That the current has always been above our heads, and we were only needing to come into it. That the wind had always been blowing about our forms, and we were only needing to step back into it.

And smile together.

Peace is a strange motion, complicated and complex as it seems - yet simple as merely smiling and knowing that we are peace as well as suffering when the day seems filled with hell.

So, let us all practice peace in place of our suffering.

Let us go walking on this wintry day. And let us open our eyes to look at the beauty that is life living all about us. And let us breathe deeply the air that supplies our next moment. And let us follow the wind where it urges us.

Let us truly be here.
Let us truly be alive.
Let us truly be wise.

And, all the while, let us keep this smile on our lips as a sign of our love for life.

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home