25 January 2011

Control

Two mirror images, exactly the same, but replicated in reverse.
In opposite.
The relief of one another.

And from the dust of it, we emerge experienced, knowing, smarter, wiser. Because when you jump into the ocean, you are going to get crashed by the waves. And when you think you can swim against them, you are going to get thrown to the ocean floor, upside down and wondering why you can't breathe and will you ever find the air or the surface or what you once knew was real ever again.

The answer is yes. And you will learn to respect the ocean or die at it's hands. Because you can only survive when you remember what you are dealing with. You can only last when you recall the power of the current and let it pull you when you decide to step into it.

So, for my part, I am going to respect the ocean. I have felt its strength in the storm, and I have no plans to tempt it again or look out at the placid sea, thinking, I can conquer that - I can own that - I can know that.

The waves flow as they flow, and in the midst of it, I cannot know. With more experience and knowledge, I could. Others can. Others do. And, unless they are beside me, I will fear the ocean. Show respect for the current. Be wary of the depths. Because I do not know how to swim in waters like these, and I'd prefer not to learn by drowning first.

Flailing, terrified, sweating. Unknowing, unknown, alone. Searching, struggling, scrabbling for some stronghold that was not there. Clutching desperately only to you - who was drowning too.

And yet, in its way, this too was good.

We did not drown. We are here, breathing, our hearts still beating.
And the terror of the moment has brought a stark reality before my eyes. Of community. Of necessity. Of watchfulness. Of companionship. Of relationship. Of honesty and truth and forthright forthcomingness. Of seeing in an clouded way the difference between situation and circumstance. Feeling as I feel my skin, the moment - the now. This second. Comprehending the difference between the mind and the tangible. Between the past and the future and this.

And also, of knowing where and how the bad goes down. And how the bad is always at the door. Just the same as the good. Only, we know it and feel it and experience it different. Only we are different, and so then is everything.

In that, there is an infinite comfort. Like words. Which remind me even now that this is the same as that. That just as we are happiness and sorrow, we are high and we are low. Pain and joy. Suffering and jubilation. Weakness and strength. Fear and calm. Good and bad. Right and wrong. Well and ill. Sane and lost.
For we are all things, and we choose how we manifest.

This fits in with the symbology, if you didn't know. Consider it. The path of honesty is hedged by danger and the route through is vigilance and a readiness to act. An unwavering vision of the true. Because, we choose how we manifest.

There are no accidental choices. No falling into the bad. No stumbling into the wrong. We choose and for whatever reason, we choose wrongly. Or ineptly. Or inadequately. Or foolishly. Or, just selfishly. But, we always choose and we always know the cost of what we have decided. Whether we will face it or no.

I, however, in the face of all of this, choose to face it. And decide to choose mroe carefully. Mindfully. Watchfully. Like a sentinel on the edge of the night. Watching for hate to come so I can stave it off.

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home