11 November 2010

Struggling

I am really trying to be creative without it turning into vomit. Trying to find a spirit out in the outside that will be able to communicate. Trying to construct a different story from an average world. Trying to get at the truth again.

It is not going well. I feel as though I am writing purely to keep my fingers moving. Purely to try and keep the line to the muse open. But the riverbed is dry and the only inlet that did exist, I cut off. Dammed up. Stopped from flowing.

I think this may be doing more damage than good.
But then, they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder". Or, perhaps only more obsessed. Then again, perhaps a renewed obsession would be a good thing.

Anyway. I still have over half of this month to get through. It's like having a lover far away, in a place where you can't actually communicate. Then, trying to occupy your time by being interesting to people walking around in a shopping mall. Or, so it feels.

I suppose the month can only last so long.
Thanks NaNoWriMo for sort of making me really depressed and feel as though inspiration has been drained from me. I'll remember this for later.

2 Thought(s):

Blogger writemeaworld thought...

Muses come and go as they please without consideration for those who depend on them. Truelly cruel and kind mistresses to follow. Keep the lines open. The river may be dry, but it is in moments most desperate that the storm hits full force, and in the torrents of rain and lightning there is life reborn.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

I think I have seen what was strangling it. It was my fault all along. But then, so often it is.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home