30 November 2010

Last Day

Of course, it would be the day before I am scheduled to return that I meet someone intriguing. Isn't that how it always goes.

His name is Ashley, though it's not. He is an article writer, although he isn't. He works for the police station, although he doesn't. He lives on the fifth floor of an abandoned military test facility, although he lives underground.

He is a traitor, a liar, and a ghost. He is the silent one of Le Resistance. His green eyes and white hair are striking, causing you to remember his face. His drugs cause you to forget everything else. From a distance, he appears slick and cool. Once you draw in close, you will find he is strong and bright, like a condensed star, a singularity pulling you in toward the crushing dark of non-existence.

You will never know it but he was the Hydrion strip. He was the Litmus test. He was the last step. Stagnation or resistance. Death or life. When you meet him, you will have to choose - whether you had planned on it or not.

And now, I will leave him to simmer in the background while I return to my world of lights and colors and sensations. To my doves and crows and columbines. To my black rimmed glasses and pillars of light. To my world that has begun to change.

One day the rest of this life is going to catch on.
I am only trying to set the spark.

1 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

I can't wait to see who else shares the stage with Ashley.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home