04 January 2010

Good Thoughts

I am constantly challenged by you, my friends.

By considering whether or not we women should have claimed the pronoun "he" along with men. By being challenged to express myself to more concrete minds in concrete terms with concrete words. By seeing the inverse of what I have come to believe.

I will not try to hide the fact that in many ways, I am very blind.
I do not know a lot of history. I had never heard of the Indus. I do not know the stories of North America that have been lost to my culture and time. I do not know how Babylon came to be. I have not heard the voices of humanity's past.

But I am trying to learn.

I do not know my spiritual path, my own way of understanding this world and this spirit and this way.

But I am trying to learn.

I only hope that like my spiritual ancestor, I do not have to remain silent for two years to reach understanding.
And yet, silence in some ways is what I desire, what I need, what I will undertake to hear the whispers of the universe about me.

And in the silence, I will hear what I had turned away.
And in the silence, I will hear the pneuma.

2 Thought(s):

Blogger writemeaworld thought...

Beautiful.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Avi thought...

And clearly this is why I should read your blog again. I also re-read the smokezone from start to finish...not sure what that says about me...

At any rate, it was truly a pleasure to engage in meaningful conversation with you again...I have missed that.

Something else to look into: I believe in Old English "He" did in fact belong to both sexes. But don't quote me on that - I don't have any reference handy, just the dustbin of my mind.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home