07 December 2009

Conviction

Where Truth often leads us is a strange and terrifying place. A place where it is not uncommon to find exactly what you had hoped to avoid, what you had been avoiding, what you did not even realise you were running from.

The other day, I suppose my spirit got fed up with me coming home and sitting in my favorite blue chair and asking myself what I was even doing with my life.
So, it decided that I should do something about it.

Now, I'm not happy about this decision. However, it is necessary, and I will go forward. I must discard the old burdens and walk this road that looks as thought it might lead to death.

It might. In fact, I am certain that it eventaully will.

And yet, Jeshua died.

I think the Christian community at large has forgotten this.
Jeshua spoke out boldly against his society, defied his own culture, and put down the highest leaders as hypocrites and enemies of God.

And, just as any other prophet of Truth all throughout history, he eventually died for it. But not before he changed his society and made others see beyond.

If this is all I do in my life, I will be satisfied.
If all I do is run from the fear of being real and allow the ways of this society to seduce me into living in that fear, when I reach the end, I will regret every step of the way.

May the spirit of Truth lead me, and not the spirit of Selfishness and Fear.
And may you all walk along with me, too.

Let us live bold and courageous lives. Speaking clearly against the evils and deceptions of our culture.

Because a prophet who refuses to speak and lives in fear, is not a prophet at all.
But a prophet who speaks in love and loses his own life, might just save the world.

11 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

You always move me, my love.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

I hope that I can move us to move the world.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous thought...

Don't forget--not only did He die, but He rose again. If you are preparing yourself for your own death, are you yet assured that you will rise again?

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Anonymous, I would like to know who you are so that I can respond to your question in a respectful and appropriate manner.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what your question is trying to imply.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Jeff thought...

Why do you refer to "Jeshua"? The common English practice is "Jesus." The Hebrew is "Yeshua." And the correct English translation is "Joshua." I know of no source that advocates "Jeshua." What is your basis or source for that term?

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous thought...

You have to know who I am to reply to my question? I think not.

You stated that many Christians forget that Jeshua [sic] died. You stated that you are preparing for your death.

I reminded you that not only did he die, but he rose. I ask again, if you are preparing for your own death, are you yet assured that you will rise again?

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous thought...

I dont think you or anyone should prepare for your death, that is not what Jesus wants. His wants us to live life, not prepare to die. We are hear to spread the word of God, not focus on dying. I think you need to have enought faith in God that if the time came you would die for your faith, but not prepare for your death.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

For readers confused by the use of "Jeshua", here is a brief explication:
The common English name of Christ is "Jesus". I was confused by this many years ago when I found out his name is most closely translated into English as "Joshua". The "J" would have been pronounced as a "Y", creating the pronunciation of "Yeshua". Upon realising this, I preferred this translation over the modern "Jesus" because it forced my mind to recall the culture in which Christ grew up.

I later learned that "Jesus" comes from the Greek translation of "Iesous". In translation, the "ie" became a "Je" and the "sous" simplified into "sus". This formed "Jesus". However, I still prefer the former "Yeshua".

The spelling of "Yeshua" with a "J" was done to remind me of the name's ties to our modern "Joshua" and uses the Germanic "J" (yot) as opposed to the English "J" (jay).

However, this may be more confusing in script than it is helpful. As such, I will either change to the more common "Yeshua" or make a parenthetical note whenever "Jeshua" is used.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

As I was reading from the Greek English Interlinear New Testament (which translates from the Majority Text) today, these comments came to mind. I felt compelled to respond:

'Having summoned the crowd together with his disciples, he said to them, "Whoever desires to follow after me, let him deny himself and let him take up his cross* and let him follow me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses the life of himself on account of me and the good news, this one will save it."

*Stauros: noun meaning "cross", originally a stake or upright pole. It always designates an instrument of execution (one regarded as particularly insulting and shameful).'

5:02 PM  
Blogger 1Grl RvoLuTion thought...

To Ralikat & the Anonymous concerned with Ralikat's preparation for death.

[The following is what I read this post to be about. It isn't Ralikat's opinion.]

It never occurred to me that Ralikat meant that she was preparing for her imminent, physical death... I did smile wondering if it may have been a hidden tongue & cheek acknowledging that we all do eventually die... cuz we do.

I took Ralikat's statements regarding walking the road that leads to death as an expression of giving oneself over to his/her calling. To cast off personal desires rooted in this world and take up the burden of truth. I believe this is what Christ was saying in the passage Ralikat shared in her comment.

in a way, it is both a spiritual death and a spiritual renewal at the same time. (In contemporary Christianese language it can be described as the death of the flesh and a spiritual rebirth.)

it isn't necessary to be a Christian to understand that we humans love things that are not good, pure and truthful. It is easier to hide our selfish desires than to truly discard them. Although we long to do right, we also grieve the loss flesh sometimes (temptation). It is the duality of man. Paul also speaks of this.

I personally related to Ralikat's statement that she wasn't happy about the decision. I didn't think she was preparing to die. Instead, perhaps she recognized that the battle is not only with the world but with herself, as well.

PS-Peace keepers, Humanitarian workers, Missionaries, Advocates, Teachers, etc are indeed killed for their acts or beliefs, regardless of spiritual beliefs.. they have been killed for far less important things. Road rage, drugs, domestic violence. And i would argue that yes Christ would have us die in order to Love.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

1Grl, you have certainly heard the spirit of what I was trying to convey. I appreciate how you have brought up the idea of the death of the self for the rebirth of the self. I think this is definitely important. Because, often, it does feel like a loss that we no long chase those things that we once considered good and beneficial to ourselves. Doesn't it?

I would add that loving is all about giving. And if I am going to give, I have to be willing to give it all, or else I haven't really shown love. I have loved in fear of my own personal loss or with my own personal gain in mind. But love demands that we give without fear and without regards to our self. And that is what I am trying to express - a willingness to give lovingly no matter what the cost appears to be to me.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home