25 November 2009

11.26.2009

Today is a beautiful day full of mist and drizzle. The streets are nearly empty, devoid of the usual hustle and bustle of people getting from here to there. Businesses are dark inside, their parking lots empty. Even the shelter has less people in front of it.

I wonder if that's because some of the street dwellers have gone home today. Perhaps to homes they felt they could not return to. Tomorrow, they will be back again. Which means that they were right. It's a terrible side of our society.

I have seen two adverts in the last day that have made my stomach wrench. Both were telling you how right you are to be a selfish asshole, and if only everyone else would be a selfish asshole, too. I wonder who even notices?

Our society is dark and selfish and thankless. The day meant to think on such things has turned into a self-engorging feast about how much I love to eat.
I'd like to correct this one symptom, but I fear that the disease is too deep to fix.
We'd have to exhume the affected tissue entirely, and that would mean an overhaul of this society.

Soon, a new decade will begin and we'll be right where we were before.
I suppose it is time for a revolution. But how to begin it?

3 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

Firstly, "hats off and applause."
Secondly, we'll have a revolution of the soul.

9:56 AM  
Blogger 1Grl RvoLuTion thought...

It sounds sooo cliche, new age & hippy but...

It begins within.
Humility & Love

I continue to "exhume the affected tissue" of my heart in an attempt to overhaul my spirit. I do not do this for self awareness or personal gain. Instead it is so I can share my love in humility with others; so that they may also have a revolution and share... (not talking religion)...

Joining with others who have begun... even if only 2 others, then 3 others... that is indeed how a revolution begins!

WE may seem to "be right where we were before." However, if only one person moves forward (or upside down) then the WE also moves forward.*

Ok, now you've really blown my mind because what you've written about here is my purpose, my calling, (my blog), seen though similar eyes. I have been on a "1 Girl Revolution" for 3 yrs now. I have met others in the battle. And now I have met you.



*i would enjoy hearing your perspective on a similar topic that I will ask later.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Yes, please. Ask me any question you like. I love to share with others. Perhaps, the revolution can be more than one girl, right?

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home