08 April 2009

my old life

There have been a few things here and there that have reminded me lately of the way my life used to go.

A mention of where you used to work, old habits of putting milk on the bottom rack of the fridge, a song or two - all these things get me to thinking.

I cut a bagel for the kitchen today. In fact, I cut two of them.
I wonder what it would be like to work in our kitchen.
I'm not sure I want to find out.

But I miss crepes and having to remember anyone who ordered one. I miss making espresso drinks for myself from two-hour old espresso. I miss being able to pour flavoring syrups.

I miss keeping milk on the bottom shelf in the fridge.

Oh well. This is a new life, and something good will come of it.
If nothing more, missing the old is good in its own little cozy way.

And perhaps, we will see the world from all this.

I hope.

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home