16 April 2009

In Memorandom

In thinking back on when I was with you, I realized this:
I can't recall who was the worst of us?

Was it I or you that slammed the car door that broke the window?
Where did all of that anger come from?

I can see the scene. Perfectly, still.
I can see you slamming the door and the window falling in. I see myself standing opposite the car, gazing into the fallen window - afraid.

But then.

I can see myself slamming the door and the window falling in. I see you standing opposite the car, gazing into the fallen window - afraid.

I see both of us sitting on the curb together, considering how you or I was wrong.
I can hear each of us calling the locksmith.
I can see each of us, in turn, paying for it.

Which is the correct vision?
I think both are.

And, for the first time, I can comprehend that past.
And, at last, hope to release it.

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home