23 January 2009

...and end, again.

It has come to a point in time when I see, like David in The Weatherman, that the options of who I was going to be are beginning to narrow down. That I am who I am, that my qualities and my choices and my actions all belong to this current me, that I must be satisfied with who I have chosen to become.

The first portion of my life is over. It is time to put away childish things. It is time to accept my place in this world. It is time to rise up for what is right.

And so, as I go this way and that, I find that the old avenues of myself are beginning to run dry. For every path that I taken has led to another and another and, like Robert Frost, I know I will not be back to those roads I did not choose.

And so, the time has come to leave the old roads where they lie and to travel this one with more commitment, with more effort, with more attention than before.

And so, breathe has turned its last page. If you should travel there, I am certain the road will make clear why.

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home