11 February 2008

yes, we're alive

This is coming up to the common third-year. And I don't feel like I did.
Life is coming up on the common half-decade, and I don't feel anything like a child.

Whoever said that adulthood began at thirty simply wasn't paying enough attention.
Everyone and thing changes.

In some ways, you're just like I've always remembered you. In some ways, you're new.
Sometimes, the new makes me wonder, feel in awe, like I'm spinning around in circles just to see.
Sometimes, the old makes us all sad.

There's a whole load of things we've been up to these past three years.
Most of them went unseen.

An invisible revolution.

And now we're new and fresh and honest. Or we want to be.
That's more than most of the world.

And I've been thinking too much about the past these past years. Thinking or wondering or dreaming that I'm seeing where we're going.

Perhaps, I'm still just a fool. But it's okay now.
I'll be deaf if you'll be my music.
And you'll be blind if I'll be your memory.

Othertimes, I just wonder.

The future isn't blank. The future doesn't exist.
And it's we that make it.

Whatever is the meaning of all of this, we'll come to soon enough. And we'll see it face to face and the smoke and mirrors will clear and we'll comprehend those things we never even saw.

Someday, maybe I'll be clear to you.
For now, we'll be the drunkards drinking from life.
Tomorrow, maybe we'll keep drinking
Or else we'll be the ones hung over.

And that's just fine.

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home