28 October 2006

moonlight on my windowsill

Sleep has been overcoming me too much these days. It grows faster the harder I try to outrun it, grows stronger the more I fight it, grows more cynical the longer I put it off. I cannot win against the shadow, cannot keep my eyes focused against the dreariness, cannot fight what is inevitable.

There is so much work to get done, yet all goes unfinished as I tumble deeper. Dreams make me fitful, night time makes me dream. Even in the silence, there is no pause. Nightmares bring me back here, back to you.

It can be more restful once we are done.
Until then, I am afraid of the night, terrified by the morning, always running, never resting. Always paniced, never calm.

Tomorrow we will be better, but today we fall asleep.

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home