12 July 2006

So Europe

I unfortunately have stopped being altogether creative, inspired, and interesting; and have decided to, instead, simply dumb the mucky contents of my mind.

If you are looking for some kind of writer, look at something else. This is all useless information, and I won't be doing anything brilliant, I fear, for quite some time.
-------
It is in these times - the times betwixt being done and being nowhere near it - that it is immensely easy to grow discontent, exhausted, feral.

Perhaps, this is when the countdown begins? Perhaps, but because we're tired and functioning like normal humans is impossible now.

I learned today that Germans get 6 weeks of vacation. I think we need to live in Europe. But we already knew that - knew we made unhappy Americans, knew we made better British people anyway.

So move with me to Europe and we'll own a little house out in the country when we are old, and we'll do something while we are young, and we won't have to feel so unsatiated in a country full of money-chasing, anyway.

But we can't live in the backwoods. You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't ever take the city out of the girl. Yes, yes it's terribly cliche and overdone, but I can't be expected to live like this. Unless I refuse to write - then you can lock me away in some country townhome for a while with a pencil and paper and enough eraser to get ideas flowing again. Then, take me back to the city so I can still have a soul.

And in all of it, never leave me. So we can be travellers.

We already were anyway, though.

-Rk

3 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

I'll lock you into a nice big house in nowhere with all the necessary amenities except any sort of tv or computer or anything and only land line phone so I can call you up and ask how its going and such. And then when you've written your brilliant and amazing novel or tons of essays and such you'll say so and I'll come pick you up and you'll beat the tar out of me :)
But yea when we are old we will have an awesome bed and breakfast that people will go to and love. And they can read your books.
:D

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

We will line the bookshelves in all the rooms with them ;D

5:38 AM  
Blogger Fateduel thought...

They'll be all like, "Um...are there any other books?" and you'll be like, "Why? Don't like the selection *glare*"
And they will start the hasty explanation :)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home