23 June 2006

Purple Sunrise

Weak rays of purple sunrise,
stifled through thick bars of listless air,
refracted from edges of a dirty wine glass,
leave red slivered lines in your brown-black hair.

Candles in distances farther off, flicker first,
then bleed trails of smoke above our dreary heads.
Circle once around the dusty chandelier,
spiral down to mingle in our tired eyes;

Fill the uncomfortable spaces 'tween your legs and mine,
pregnant, now, with only echoes of our empty minds.

-RLL (c)2006

2 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

Ohhhhh :(
This is really good.

I kinda wish the last line of the second stanza rhymed with heads but I really like the imagery. I kinda think "beds" could work if you tweaked the last line a bit but thats up to you.
Any good inspiration story for this one?

11:47 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Du bist doof, meine Liebschen.

This is the poem that I wrote on the table-top at Macaroni Grill when we were out with friends. It was also the one that wa featured on my sidebar for over a month. Did you never read that? Hmm?

Thanks for the suggestion. I was wondering what I could do to refine, as always. I will look into it. Cheers, darling. ;)

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home