21 May 2006

ivory truth

Doesn't it say somewhere, in one of those ancient texts, that if you give mercy, you shall receive mercy? And, doesn't it also say that those who require mercy ought to deliver mercy?

Well, in that case, I owe you a great debt of gratitude for your showing me my apparent error in accepting those old, over-glorified texts. Thanks, also, for clearing me up on the issue of human compassion -- I was quite concered that it still existed.

It really is a bit of a pity though, this change of reality. I had quite come to sing your praises; acknowledging that you were (yes) an old dinosaur, but still you had a good bit of a heart in you.

I'm so glad that we're cleared up on everything instead, though. Because here on in, I shalln't make that mistake again.

... No, no, no. Shuttup Love, I don't want to hear from you today.

Or well, then again - how do you suggest I deal with this? Obviously, my opinion isn't worth dirt, my life not worth bits of trash in wind. Old gray bastards who claim acceptance but practice condemnation have no ear to listen to that sort of bull--.

Oh no, we're just the "young blood", the likes of you and I. We just need to be learned, to be taught. We just have to understand the right way. Until then, we have no real value, no real worth to offer to the world.

Well, you know what? Screw your Ivory Tower. Making educated fools of you, making clown-spectacles of what you stand for. It means naught to the rest of reality, really. This paper, that schedule, you as somehow superior.

Yet, still you stake your undeniable claim on superiority. Why? Purely because you have a piece of paper from some snob's office that's apparently labeled (in gold text), "I'm worth more than you".

So much for you, Love.

No, but really, I'm glad to be reminded what a bitch the world can be. All that research, I nearly lose track. All that knowledge, it's easy to forget.

-Rk

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home