21 April 2006

Tributary

Please. Help me fix this...
you always have.

-------
Liar, liar
Pants on fire
--
sinking in dispassioned mire.

Tell me "listen",
beg me hear
excuses that account for fear.

Give your answer,
make account
for all the trech'ry you amount.

Here's the paper,
there's the pen
Write down your reasons for the end.

Love's no answer,
hate's no cure.
Maybe there's others, it's not for sure.

"Leave the emptiness,
leave the cold."
Tomorrow morning, that gets old.

Apologies
nothing abate
Warm water thirst can't satiate.

"Forgive me, love,
and I'll you."
Hand me a flower, I'll forget too.

One more attempt,
one last try
to tell your story without the lies.

Then to our room
with still white sheets;
If we lie down, we can go to sleep.

Echoes, echoes
through the wall:
maybe they know what makes us fall.

-RLL (c) 2006

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home