25 February 2006

On "screwing" the old life

"Never mind, bad joke."
"I was just trying to find something amusing to respond to."
"I thought it was self explanintory."
I just wasn't sure. That's all.

But nowadays, it's of no consequence. Thanks to all the misery, we're happy now.

And maybe that's not exactly fair enough to say. Not in public, you'd admonish me, not like that Because words like that, with power of swords, shouldn't be so blunted -- and besides, darling, you've already said it all. Haven't you? Or have we?

Well we aren't saying it for anyone this time - anyone but a worthy reader who doesn't know our situation. Someone who might find love prevailing in these ways a sort of titilating story anyway.

And you'd say, But darling, that's not exactly appropriate - because you always like to say those sorts of things.

And instead of getting angry, I'd laugh and slap your knee and fall into your warm lap where you'd stroke my hair and spend the next few moments just calling me crazy. Then, I'd sigh and give you one of those half-hearted laughs, and probably beg you to talk like one of those musicians you probably could have worshipped. And we'd sit and discuss philosophy and the greater points of what the end of time might look like.

And I'd say a million times in between then and now: it's of no consequence.
We're happy now.

-RK

1 Thought(s):

Blogger Frankie thought...

That made me feel good. Thank you.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home