11 December 2005

"I don't need anything."

[disclaimer: this post, an excercise in antithesis, contains the mild use of strong language]

Here. There's a little circle for you to stay inside of. Here's little round glass walls that'll keep you in, now. Here's a little fire in the middle to keep you warm at night, and a TV so you can watch all your favourite shows. Here's a cozy little couch, but be mindful cuz it's made of glass. And there, against that little alcove over to your right, there's your kitchen with jars and jars of glass food. Oh, yes, and don't forget that when you get bored, you'll have to break the little round glass walls to get out - because we didn't think you'd want a door...

"Thanks. For your consideration. For you planning. For the time it must have taken you to figure all this out. It feels so nice to think that you thought of me. To think you, in your riches and your high esteemed status, thought of nothing-little me. It really is amazing.
So here's a toast to you.

Cheers, darlin'.

"Oh, and when you leave, can you turn off the light switch? I forgot to tell you that I can't reach it from here - not without breaking my precious little glass sphere. But you spent oh so much time on it, and I'd be terribly fretful if I ruined it. If I ruined the little freak show you like to come and enjoy. If I ruined the little parties you like to throw, just so you can come and laugh or weep or make your jest over me.

"It's all really so okay. I don't mind. I've got my little glass globe of existence to keep me going. I've got my glass table and my glass sheets on my glass bed that I sleep in at night. And I've got that glass telephone that doesn't even call you.

"Don't ruin it for me.
I'm so fucking happy."

-RK

2 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

Phew, careful of rocks then, eh?

8:50 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

They'll throw their jagged little stones at my little glass house. But no one's warned them that sooner or later, it's sure to fall down.

When it does, maybe they'll forgive me - forgive me for weeping for my little glass house, forgive me for dying in my little glass life.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home