29 November 2005

Just because [we] are

Write songs for me.
Please.
Just scrawl them out on left over bits of napkin in a junkfood joint.
Then you can sing one slow and quiet, so no one else has to hear.
You could even whisper it in my ear, like a secret no one ever tells.
Could make me life out of your secrets --

Then I could say I know you.
I love you.
I need you.

But first, kiss me.
Please.
Just craft it out of rosepetals and perfume till it's soft enough to tell.
Then you can warm it over your breath until no chill's left.
You could even slip your tongue into my mouth and speak for me,
Could plant silken words straight into my soul --

Then I would say I know you.
I love you.
I want you.

Just don't leave me.
Please.
Just sleep in my bed and stay near until the night is done.
Then you can die under blankets and rest your thoughts in pillows.
You could even twine yourself with scents still lingering there.
Could even pretend that I'm balled up next to you --

Then you could say you know me.
You love me.
You have me.

Or,we could say we know it.
We love it.
We want it.
We're desperate,
starving,
stark raving mad for it.

-RLL (c)2005

1 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

Whoa. (the good kind)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home