13 November 2005

in your room

I'll sit here, in my room,
sipping vinegar like it's wine,
aerating the bitter, sour flavour
until all the burn is gone -
letting the brown, dispassioned liquid
steal on down my throat.

No, but I'll wait here in this room,
swallowing poison like it's fine,
pretending the deteriorating sting
doesn't catch me so off guard -
imagining that when it's hits my stomach,
it'll settle something there.

I'll be here, in your room,
smelling helium like flowers' scent,
filling as far as I can my insides
that wait for oxygen to take effect -
forcing down the insubstancial substance
further into my aching lungs.

No, but I'll stay there in that room,
breathing gasoline like it's wind,
letting the effects of deadly toxins
corrode away the blood in my veins -
awaiting the moment it all takes root in my brain
and lays me dead too.

lying lifeless next to you,-


-RLL (c)2005

1 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

I love the "helium like flowers' scent" bit and the rest of that stanza.

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home