15 October 2005

god's got this one

What's that you say, I'm a sinner? What, you're saying I'm not living my life right? You think that I've got things going on I shouldn't? You think you can tell me that I'm sinning? Well, that's judgemental. That's not grace. And I'm a messed up human -- I need grace, not your legalistic religion.

Because all we want to hear is grace. What we want to know, over and over again, is that God loves us -- just like we are, lost in our sin and drowning in our sorrow. We want to know that we're accepted, that we're loved, that we're okay like that in the book of the all-powerful creator.

So don't tell me how I should live my life. Don't remind me that sin isn't just a personal situation. Don't tell me how my sin is bad. Because I've got it settled with me and God - and He loves me like this. So, I don't want to hear it.

I want to be loved, accepted, included in the kingdom of grace. And I don't want to work, I don't want living faith. I just want to put my hand up in bible class and say I "believe in God". I just want to sit in my church and say "amen" whenever the preacher gets over-emotional.

Don't give me that "fire and brimstone" talk about not sinning, about payment of debt, about judgement. Don't tell my my teddy-bear god is actually the God of justice; the God that counts the sins of the universe - and sent his son to repay all the debts humanity accrewed. Don't tell me my cozy little god is actually the just and jealous God that punishes sin. Don't tell me my sins have consequences even God's forgiveness won't blot out.

Don't tell me my pajama god is really the God of the universe, and don't tell me He cares whether I live or die by the flesh. Don't tell me I'm dead to my sins -- you're just judging me. And my god wouldn't do that.

So, obviously, there is nothing wrong with this world-view. Nothing at all.

-RK

6 Thought(s):

Anonymous Anonymous thought...

Why do I sense a hint of sarcasm in your voice...

- Skynes

1:26 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

I have no idea. Really, none whatsoever.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thought...

*shrugs* Oh well...

So what do you think God is like?

- Skynes

8:36 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Fuick candy-corn answer: Love.

But, wait. It sounds canned, I know. But if we examine all things that Love is in its perfect form - we see the attributes of God. And if only we lived in perfect love, we would be like God, to say we would be perfect beings.

Now, I'm mot going into deep detail here or anything -- but to say God is Love is to say that by understanding all the aspects of love, we can understand all the aspects of God. Also, in this way, God reveals Himself and His message through love in its pure form.

Quick, candy-corn answer, neh?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Fateduel thought...

As you say Rali and no more or less than.
How much simpler can it get?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

I have to edit my comment, via a new comment, because it's supposed to say Quick candy-corn answer.

I realized my error made it look like I was saying fuck more than quick. That, guaranteed, is a typo.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home