03 September 2005

Never have

I can be quiet. I can be still. I can listen, and observe, and think.
And not speak.

Try not to exist, not to be noticed, not to be much. Follow all the lines in the grain with my eyes - not tracing them with my hands. Hover my heart just high enough above you - close enough for you to feel its warmth. But I won't ever touch you.

Know you, but never hold you.
Hold you, but never have you.
Have you, but never know you.

So I'll be quiet. I'll be still. I'll listen, and observe, and think.
But I won't speak.

And I'll never have you.

So burn me up inside. Set my fire all alight. Let me flash and twirl and fly. Let me dance for just a little while.
Then let me flicker, simmer, die.

Because I'll never have you.

-RK

5 Thought(s):

Blogger Avi thought...

That was profound, and beautiful, and sad all at once. Once again you manage to be poetically cryptic.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Nope, just poetic this time. I just thought it sounded nice.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Frankie thought...

:)

That made me feel warm and fuzzy... in a tortured soul kind of way.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

brilliant. :D me too.

11:11 AM  
Blogger FireVaney thought...

Stop turning the thoughts in my head into poetry. Jeez. This is creepy.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home