18 August 2005

state of consciousness

We were just sitting there, chilling. And then, you made one of those comments about how this was a moment, better than that night on the bridge - better than all the others. And I curled up closer to you, laughed and sighed, and had to agree. Though I wasn't sure why it was better, I had to agree.

Then, suddenly it occured to me we were chilling on a fire-truck. Now, hang on. What's that?!

Disappointed, I admited to myself the thing was most certainly not true. I confirmed my state, still alone in my bedroom in southern cal. Still awake at five am with no one to talk to about crazy things like life and the future. Still curled up beside a duck.

That is frustrating, I have to say. Seeming so real, so brilliantly perfect -- until you realize you're sitting in a stationary fire-truck, and your fifth grade teacher is yelling at Jimmy to get the silly-putty out of his hair, and your sister who's been living in Arizona for three years is suddenly moving to Wisconsin to be a part of the Oprah show down in New York.

Then, you sigh and shrug and admit the fact that it's a dream.

-RK

5 Thought(s):

Blogger Avi thought...

*snicker*

Brilliant. Was Oprah REALLY mentioned in this dream, or did you just make that up for emphasis?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Fateduel thought...

Psh, what do you mean "it was all a dream"?
I went through all that trouble and money to get a ride on a fire engine and bring your fifth grade teacher along and you think it was all a dream?
I am shocked and insulted.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

If only to curl up beside you, my dear Widge, if only.

And Av, there was no Oprah, sadly or not sadly - depending on how you veiw Oprah ;)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Fateduel thought...

My sentiments exactly, mslle.
If only.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Frankie thought...

Whoa... is there some L-O-V-E on this blog or what...?!

RK, I'm shocked... I'm confused... and really, I'm just so happy for you I'm doing a little dance right now! :)

*shudder* I hate being curled up next to my proverbial duck and thinking... "**** why are you so far away?!"

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home