30 August 2005

keep me.

love me-
it's simple.
i wait so eagerly.
i'm here
so love me.

bend me-
it's easy.
i curve so carelessly.
i'm agile
so bend me.

break me-
it's painless.
i snap so suddenly.
i'm fragile
so break me.

hold me-
it's inevitable.
i end up here so constantly.
i'm broken
so hold me.

-RLL ©2005

3 Thought(s):

Blogger Frankie thought...

Amen.

8:32 PM  
Blogger FireVaney thought...

This one's more "raw," if you will.
Dare I say, perhaps, more "honest"?

"Honest" probably isn't the right word, though.

Maybe here's what I’m trying to say...

With this poem, you tugged at my heart-strings.

With the last poem, you tugged at my head-strings.

What’s important, ultimately, is that strings of some sort are always being pulled…

7:43 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

I will definitely agree - this one is much more raw. I felt the simplicity of the words worked for that raw emotion conveyed.

Thanks much for the compare/contrast. It is very useful, helpful, insightful.

I will certainly be putting that in my pipe and smoking it down for a while...

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home