24 July 2005

Wiggin.

I've been thinking for some time these past few days, at home nonetheless, that I needed to write something, to update. And not just some random rubbish that I wrote at work on yellow stickie notes - that despite my desire, I still have not scanned in. Thus, I began thinking and thinking and thinking. As a result, I came up with:

How many people are going to make comments like "Well Card did the first book right, but..." or "Oh yeah, Ender's Game. But don't bother with..." or "I loved that book. Just don't bother reading..."

What are these framlings, varelse?!

I've honestly started to wonder or consider it. It frustrates me that people become so blind to what quality is. Quality writing, more specifically. Okay, maybe you don't accept the piggies being trees. Maybe you don't accept the Descolada being both the greatest curse and greatest blessing. Maybe you don't accept Andrew, or his being 3,000 years old.

I do. But if you don't, that's fine. But you simply cannot deny the fact that, despite your inability to suspend enough of your disbelieve in reality to make reading this book worth it, Card wrote these books well. To introduce numerous characters, destroy them in a few pages, and make you - reader - care about it. That's amazing. And what's more, you feel the grief as if you never really got to know Pipo or Libo...because you didn't.

And that is his point. Astounding writing. Not to mention the extremely clever and well-translated "Ne?" "E." (appropritate Portugese accents apply here).

That, poor little lost souls, is brilliance - whether you accept it and can admit it, or not.

That's all I can stand to say at current. Please refer to the 'currently' section for information on my mental status. Thanks. Have a cheerful day while I carry out this cold -- in the middle of summer. Yes, I'm miffed about that.

-RK

2 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

You can be miffed all you want but don't you dare swing that miffyness at me. It was so not my fault.
On a less selfish note: sorry that you're sick! Get well soon!
Also, I completely get the annoyance at people who don't like the real meat of the Ender Series. They are poor little souls.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Amen, compadre!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home