01 July 2005

love and live

Love owns me.

Not what you're thinking of 'love'. But Love. The purpose, the drive, the passions of life. The final word in all the things we ought to do. The vision of the way the world could be -- and should be. That Love. Not the cliched "I wuv you" love. Not pink heart pillows and red roses in crystal vases. Not necklaces or gold or diamond rings.

But Love.
-------
I owe many people many things.

For those who have stood by on the sidelines. For those who have given their support - silent or otherwise. Moreso, otherwise. For those who have held me when I was trembling, have walked with me when I was alone, have spoken words of wisdom and kindness when I was frightened. For those who have helped me along a way I did not understand.

For those who have been at CA Hotel with me at 3 am. Those who have stayed up all night to listen to my muddled thoughts. Those who have told me it was worth it while I feared that it wasn't. Those who have opened up parts of me I couldn't--

I owe you.

I owe those who have loved me, cared for me, comforted me. Those who have heard me talk about to my plans, passions, dreams -- and have listened.

For those who have opened possibilities, ways of life I never considered. For those who have challenged me to stop being selfish. To actually care what happens to people.

To those who have challenged me to love people more than I do. Those who have challeneged me, more than ever, to have a purpose. A meaning.

Thank you.
-------
There. I've done. I've said what was hardest to say. Hope it meant something.

-RK

2 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

You don't owe me anything. I am free of charge.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thought...

Friendship isn't something bought and paid for, it's a free gift, given willingly. As ^ said, there is no charge :)

- Skynes

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home