03 July 2005

'Drink up me 'ardies, yo ho!'

Yo ho, yo ho, it's a pirate's life for me

Why do performers have to fake the end of a show just to milk applause and go on singing anyway - to milk more applause?

It gets old. Fast.
-------
singing It's a Small World, Tiki Room, and Winnie The Pooh with the man who wrote them. Singing Davey Crockett with the original Davey Crockett. Hearing bits of Lincoln's speech from a man who was at Disneyland the day it opened.

I'm impressed.

Discovering they are opening a Hong Kong Disneyland in a few months. I'm in utter shock.
-------
"Hey Jared. We have like a hundred fireworks left and the show's over in like a minute."

"Damn. I told you we should have launched more at a time."

"Well...what now? We gotta get rid of these somehow."

"How should I know?"

"Oh, I got it. Why don't we just fake some Grand Finale thing? They'll eat it up, man."

"That'll work. Just launch like twenty at a time or something."

"Right."

And that my friends, is how a fireworks grand fianle happens. I mean, because let's face it - that is not a logical distribution of fireworks in any way, shape, or form.

I totally saw through them. Ha!

-RK

1 Thought(s):

Blogger Avi thought...

*Snicker*

I have always thought that about grand finales!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home