04 June 2005

you, me, and us on life

You made a mistake. It was my fault. I shouldn't have bothered - but something in me wanted to... Yeah, that was always our downfall, wasn't it?

So, he didn't need to say that. You didn't want to hear that. I wish I had known that.

Then we got angry - what else were we supposed to do? Oh, excuse me - we're both supposed to feel - supposed to feel guilty for living life again, supposed to think that we're the screwed up ones. I'm sorry - must have missed that memo.

So, you couldn't keep it together long enough to pretend being fine. Well, okay. You are entitled to your words, to your thoughts, and your ways. Doesn't mean we have to check up on you anymore. You're a grown-up. You can deal with that now.

I'm sorry - that was cynical of me. *sigh* You know - I get like that sometimes... I'd apologize, but you'd just say I don't have to. You'd tell me it was all going to be right in the end. You'd tell me why it looks like it does from here. You'd be right, of course.

Shouting, then laughing hysterically, only to remember we should be angry - and shouting - and bitter - and unhappy. But we're not right now. Just look what you have done to me...oh, us.

But then, something always does go wrong, doesn't it. 'I know, I know. That's life' - you think to yourself and roll your eyes. '*sigh* So I shouldn't feel that way over...well...that.' But oh you know you do. It's a shame, you get like that - someone would say to you. You know it. But, you still claim, it's of no consequence.

Things like I'm not made for that and Well I wasn't supposed to be this way and I'm just done with that keep cropping up. You know you're lying to yourself - know you're only pretending you like the part you're playing. But you don't - you aren't happy. The script isn't even written well...

'But', you claim, 'that's what things like that do. I knew it would -- one day. It's just...well, when it did, I didn't expect it to feel like...well...this.'

It always did. Always does. Always will. And you know, now, that what you've said - that's just the easy way out.

'I realize that,' you claim, 'but what else is there to do? The high road's too high and the hard road's too hard and the narrow path's too narrow. What else can I do?'

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home