21 June 2005

Tonight on 'This Is Anima Lace'.

Announcer: Good evening ladies and gentle fellows. On tonight's show we will be hosting a live interview by your's truly, Anima Lace. We have the pleasure of having here with us the author of this month's number one best seller, If I were That Guy... And now, I am pleased to introduce...Ms. Lyllia Hart.

Lace: Good evening Ms. Hart.

Hart: Hello Anima.

Lace: So, let's get straight to business. I've heard If I were That Guy has sold over two million copies.

Hart: *chuckles*

Lace: So how does it feel to be a best selling author, Ms. Hart?

Hart: Oh, please, just Lyllia. Well, Anima, I can't say I know how it feels. I've only just gotten here! *laughs*

Lace: Of course, of course. But in the two months that you've been on top, have you experienced any significant changes to your lifestyle?

Hart: Well, I get more fanmail than before. But to be honest, it's more of a pain than anything. I mean, I like my alone time. I like to just be...me. That's hard to do as a best seller, you know?

Lace: I can't say I do *chuckles*. But I can only imagine it would be a hassle.

Hart: If you only knew, Anima. It's endless.

Lace: So what about this book, Lyllia. Where did that one come from?

Hart: Oh. It all started in a small side-shop cafe one day. I was sitting there, sipping an authentic cafe latte, which by the way is unmatchable, when I saw this old man walk in and order authentic pasta in Italian.

Lace: So you were in Italy, then?

Hart: Of course. Veneizia.

Lace: I see.

Hart: Yes, I went to Milano and then Firenze, next.

Lace: That's Venice, Milan and Florence - if I'm not mistaken, Lyllia.

Hart: Oh, right. Yes. Of course. *rolls her eyes* Anyway - I was in Venezia and I saw this man. And he sat by the window with his pipe. I watched as he stared out the window at the boats passing on the canal. When his pasta came, he took little note of it. He just kept staring, as if he was waiting his whole life for something.

Lace: Well, was he?

Hart: You see, that's the thing. I never found out. I finished off my caffe latte and by the time I set down my cup, he'd left. I spent the rest of my time in Italy just wondering about him. What was he waiting for? Who was out there, on the other side of some unaccessible canal somewhere? What was his Venezia?

Lace: So you wrote a book about him?

Hart: Well, no. Not exactly. I thought about it, about him for months, like I was saying. And it wasn't until I finally returned to the States that I even thought about writing.

Lace: What made it occur to you to make it into a book, then?

Hart: One day, I was sitting at my own window in a Paris Las Vegas hotel room, just staring out of over the ocean of lights for hours. I had ordered some room service - pasta even, but not authentic. I hadn't touched it. I was thinking about that man. Then, it hit me. What if someone saw me now, and what if they ended up thinking about me like I was thinking about him? And I realized, we all do it, at some point in our lives. And I had to write about it.

Lace: So, Mr. Italy was your big inspiration. Now the secret is out.

Hart: Yep, that's it. All it took was a moment in Venezia. *laughs* But couldn't we all say that about ourselves?

Lace: I'm not sure what you are getting...

Hart: Oh, come on Anima. You can't tell me you've never thought about your life and said to yourself, "All it took was that one moment in wherever to change everything."

Lace: *chuckles* No, you're right.

Hart: And see, that's what my book is trying to say. It's just showing us how we all have our "one moments in...". It's just pointing out what we already know.

Lace: But in a very clever way, I must say.

Hart: Why thank you.

Lace: Well, Lyllia, thank you for joining me tonight. I'm afraid that's all the time we've got.

Hart: Thank you for having me. It was lovely.

Lace: And I'm sure we have all enjoyed hearing a bit more about If I were That Guy. Please, if you aren't one of the two million who have already gone out and bought Lyllia's book, go to your nearest bookstore and pick one up. It will change the way you look at all those "moments" you have.

Hart: Thank you, and please if you have bought my book, do take a few minutes to at least read the back cover. It's a stellar cover that Jimmy wrote for me.

Lace: We'll be sure to. I'll be sure to. I've got my copy right here *pulls it out and flashes it to the camera* And now, ladies and gentle fellows, I have some reading to do. And so do you.

Hart: Thank you, Anima. And thank you New York.

Lace: Goodnight.

--Camera Off--

-RK

2 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

Lace is one of the more obnoxious hosts I have ever heard from.
(not counting Dr. Phil but that's a different type of thing anyway)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Oh isn't she though? I must say, if I were Lyllia - I'd have strangled her :0D

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home