19 June 2005

pinked

Here's my secret and I'd rather like to keep it that way. The little fuzzy pet in the back of my soul, keeping all of my dark corridors unlit and all of my unopened packages sealed and all my barred doors locked. I know that half the world is interested, the other half could be paid to be. But I don't much care about that. I want to keep you and life and the world the way it is. Right here -- like this. Locked forever in this little glimmer of perfection.

I don't want to wake up from dreams or have nightmares like last night.

I want to dance with sugar cane and become a part of the ocean and feel liquid sunshine kiss my eyes every time I awake. I want to look out of the window and see the world -- all its secrets and hidden truths and half-lies that it keeps. I want to know it all...in a moment. Without any hesitation at all.

I wish stars were for wishing and ribbons were for racing and sunshine was for bathing and the world was for loving and dansing -- constantly dansing. It's not - I know that. But it doesn't change the wishes that I wish upon gas nebulas in other galaxies that I'll probably never see. And it doesn't change my secrets or my whisepers - or the way I keep them from you anyway.

And in the end, all of this doesn't really change you or me or the world much anyway. But we've already bothered. We've already talked it out and spent the night over it and made things the way things are. We've already blown out the candles and made our wishes on our nebulas and told God why we deserve Christmas presents this year. So what difference will it make?

I wager -- not much.

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home