16 June 2005

kailua

For starters, leafy seadragons are the coolest animals in the ocean. Sea horses are next. Both are immensely awesome.

Next - a plate lunch is really the only acceptable meal to eat here.

Thirdly, if you want to find a good plate lunch you have to first deal with the 'tourist information' anyone Kama'aina will assume you want. Then, you have to figure out how to say 'No, I'm not Kama'aina - but I once...was. I know what a real plate lunch is, and now I'm just looking for the closest good eatin' place that any good Kama'aina would eat at. Can you help me out?' in no more than one sentence -- five words is best. After that, you will get at what you wanted to get at. But only after that. Do not assume any local will do any more. They won't.

And lastly, the only thing Waikiki has over Kailua is NOT the sand. It is NOT the waves. And it is certainly, most certainly NOT the company. Really -- all it's good for is the sand shelf quite a ways off shore. Other than that, go to Kailua if you've got the ability. You'll understand.

The menu? north shore.

That's all for the updates. Don't worry - especially the smkers who got a 'special' post *rolls eyes*. I'm having a grand ol' time and I wouldn't trade it for...almost...anything. Oh, and I'm getting a tan! ~gasp~

Until I can smuggle more internet -- that's all I've got. *sigh* Back to the beautiful shoreline.

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home