30 May 2005

Following Suit

It’s real sad when you come to a point that airline food is more satisfying than the stuff you are used to eating everyday. Pasta – salad that would have been so much worse had it contained malt vinegar in any way, and rolls that should be sitting like rocks in my stomach. But they aren’t. That bothers me, really bothers me.

And I just have to point out that I ate ice cream for breakfast at 6.00 – a caramel flake 99. If someone would have asked me what I was thinking, I’m sure I would have rambled off some crap about it being the ‘last time’ or ‘my only chance’ or some stupid excuse like that. But now, out of the bounds of its horrid reign, I feel confused by my food choice. Even the bagel sandwich at 10.00 really made no sense either. That’s frustrating.

Not to mention the fact that we’re over Iceland. Not even across the water to Greenland – and I feel unsatiated.

And I just watched a movie that did all it could to claw at my emotional strings. Don’t get me wrong, t’was a good movie actually, Finding Neverland. I really liked what it had to say about writing and imagination and what a writer does and how a writer…well, is. I don’t think I agreed with it all – but it was refreshing. Until it confronted death and the purport of such. *sigh* A little on the English-food-type heavy side. But this, like a rock in my what – heart – intellect. That’s the one, a rock in my brain. And in this state, at this time, with these issues – I can’t handle that. What were these people thinking? Hemmm…

Duty free shopping. Of course. I already bought a headscarf, a wrap, and a Harrod’s horse. Yes, I still need perfume and a huge box of cigarettes, and jewelry. Because I don’t have six suitcases and five carry-ons. Not at all. You’re right. I need duty free shopping. Right now. …Hey, you with the cart – come back here. I must have …*perfume wafts on the air, honestly* that! I must have that.

Dear good green earth, who is really that thick? First, okay so you bought duty free. I wasn’t going to really hold that against you for too long. I could deal with your extra baggage – we all have it. But no, you had to not only buy it – getting ripped off which first of all is not so intelligent – but then, you have to a) open it, b) spray it, c) bathe yourself in it. Thanks. =0| Now I’m sure to be ill – as if lunch and Brit food wasn’t enough to ensure that fate. Cheers, really.

Looking across the isle here – I keep thinking, hemm – I could have gotten some really good shots today. But my camera was stuffed in the front pocket of my big blue JanSport and there was no way I was touching that with a fifty foot poll. I already had to rummage for my purse, for my passport, for my ticket, for every god-forsaken item I realized I needed moments after the stupid thing was arranged on my back.

Right, no here is the part where you start thinking, ‘oh shuddup. You’re just being an over traveled sissy and frankly, I’m sick of hearing it.’ because you’ve heard about my summer – and you’re obviously bitter, jealous, and cynical about that.

But no. Let me, for a brief second, paint the picture. To start, I have on a Roxy hoodie and its probably 100 + degrees Celsius in Heathrow. On top of that I have my coat (that goes on trips without me apparently). Then, the Swiss Army Passport carrier slung from my neck, JanSport over that, and of course Toshi in her cage is draped across my right shoulder. Now to really get it, JanSport is loaded with about six books. One of those hardcover – two of those multiple books bound as one. All being over 300 pages and that =s heavy; add to that a notebook, journal, diary, and other random goodies – and you have a backache guaranteed, probably serious spinal damage that will now haunt you the rest of your days. Oh, yes – perfect.

So that’s enough from me. I’m running on slim battery – and we haven’t even crossed enough time barriers for me to have pulled Toshi out and started her up. Now, in approximately 5.1 hours I will be angry and bored – and have no more Incubus on top of that. How very uncool is it of the airlines to not have a) power source for my convenience, b) wi-fi. I’m not satisfied with my service. Does this mean I get a refund?

Probably not.

-RK

3 Thought(s):

Blogger Fateduel thought...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Fateduel thought...

Hey, flakes are good. You did no wrong in getting one.
And as for your little hyperbole of "100+ degrees celsius" I think we can all scoff at that possibility ;) So you boiled away into nothing? Fascinating.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

I did. It hurt significantly. You realize you only speak to a thin vapor of existence now, don't you?

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home