09 May 2005

Closing Nite

It was our best night. I had issues: cutting the unbar-the-door speech again, saying bold man instead of just man. The hall had issues: tiny audience. But they responded. They actually seemed to care.

It went better. It was fun. I'm glad I did it.

But now, farewell to Beckett. Soon, farewell to Dover, Kent, London, and all of Britain. It will be a bitter-sweet farewell, as this is. It will be bitter for the farewells of friends I shan't see again. It will be sweet to return to my home, my country, the place where the ground springs of such inspiration that it is hard to withdraw forever.

Indeed, in the end it shall all be bitter-sweet. All life, in effect, shall all be bitter-sweet. Which in its own way, will make it good. But for now, there is packing to be done and there are thoughts to be hung up on the tree outside of my mind to let dry and fall into the summer sun and blow in the summer breeze. Yes, now is the time to prepare for the departure of many things. Now is the time to be ready.

And on a different note Kingdom of Heaven was worth seeing. Bloom actually did a good job, despite being screwed with yet another autrocity of a line. Poor kid.

-RK

3 Thought(s):

Blogger Resident Apt. Six thought...

Congratulations! I'm glad it went well. :) Wish I could have seen it.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

I should be getting a copy of the tape we made. Hopefully I can show it to you all if it isn't terrible :D

6:53 PM  
Blogger Resident Apt. Six thought...

Tapes of school plays tend not to turn out so well, but if the recording is decent I would sit through it. ;)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home