15 May 2005

an already sunken city

I spent my time in the sinking city. Too many things were perfect - all too perfect to last. And now? Well, now it's back to the same old life where things like that city and those dreams can't be. Where life is what it is, and I'll just go back to living it anyway.

Here, you already knew this:
-------
I feel fated. As if times ought to last and things ought to work - but they don't. As if doors should stay open and paths should be clear. As if seasons should change and flowers should grow. As if caterpillars should be butterflies and as if baby birds should learn how to fly. But they don't. As if some moment in some day there ought to be something more than--

But there isn't, and they don't, and there won't be any sunrise at the end of any dark night. And I'll never be at theat place that I feel all right. And it'll go on the same anyway --because that is life, with or without that faith.
-------

And this, I was listening to:
-------
Now's the right time for a good song,
Get something to say what I can't.
Do you feel bad like I feel bad?
Well, pour us a road, we'll both drink and drive.

-JEW:Night Drive
-------
Don't let go.
Well, dig a great big hole.
Down an endless [road] we'll both go.

You're so blind.
You can't save me this time.
Hope comes from inside.
I feel so low tonight.

If only you could see the stranger next to me.
You promised that you're done,
But I can't tell you from the drugs.

I wish that you could see this face in front of me.
You're sorry, you swear it - you're done,
But I can't tell you from the drugs.

-JEW:Drugs or Me
-------
But that was all already heard - and known - before.

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home