23 April 2005

Tend your ways, take your paths, and fare thee fair

In some ways, life has been made easier on me. In other ways, it's made itself so much more confusing and conveluded than it was before. I won't go into details - but I will say this:

Volie, you confused me.

It's not that I though - or rather wanted to think - that whatever we did meant more than well...what we did. It wasn't so much that, or really that at all. And it wasn't that we just had a great time and moved on, or that it was or wasn't (for all rights of the term) a "season fling". It wasn't that I even would have wanted more than that.

It's just...it confused me.

I suppose it could have been the supposed "friendship" that got thrust in on us out of nowhere. Or maybe it was the idea that there was some extenuating circumstances that could bring the chance again. Or maybe it was just as simple as wanting to, as Lewis aptly states: have the pleasure back again.

Well, either which way - I felt confused for an initial amount of time. Now, thanks to viewing and reviewing the things and plotting and replotting the past and thinking and rethinking the goals, aims, and derivatives of the thing, I have been able to release that confusion and accept the thing for it, as it is.

Simply stated, in unobstructed laymen's terms (as I was apt to say a few moments back in the title of my "online self") : No matter. Things happen and so we just move on. See, you forget - that's how...that's why this works.

See. I'm okay now. So here - look at this. You go your way, live your life, and do please find happiness and enjoy as many good things as you possibly can. I will go mine, live mine, and do all the same to the best of my ability. In the end, I'm sure we'll meet at some crossroad and see the paths merge, and it'll be all the more fun - because you will have gone and lived an entire life before I see you again.

So go - enjoy life. I'll see you on the other side, I'm sure of it. And until then, thank you for showing me countless ways in which I still needed to grow. Thank you for being the one who taught me a lesson I wasn't learning on my own. Oh, and Godspeed my good friend.

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home