25 February 2005

I'll never forget

I can't ever forget the day when I started eating spicy food. I remember it all started with mild Picante sauce and cream cheese. You know the sort of sauce that tastes mostly like a ball of tomatoes and bell peppers if you can stand in the least bit spicey foods?

It progressed with green chili sauce. I found that amazing on burritos with sour cream. And mild sauce at Taco Bell.

Then, came the real tests. Arguements about how I would never eat Los salsa, and eating it every day for the past 6 months with ketchup and occasionally salt added in. Kimchee pepper sauce, habenjero salsa, and Enjoy beef jerky.

I used to only eat Teriaki beef jerky - the stuff you found in Vons Oh Obero! or what they call it. Now, I have teriaki, but its still sealed in the cabinet - and its Enjoy.

But peppered is so good. I eat asian sweet chili, but I like it when it is so hot you can only add a few good dashes.

Thus it is now. I like hot - the sort of oriental hot that gives you heartburn from soup, the sort of Indian hot that makes you need three full glasses of milk, the sort of mexican hot that makes you sweat. The sort of burn your soul out pepper hot. The sort of singe your tongue and make your lips burn like fire hot.

I know. Me, the weak one, the one who couldn't eat salsa at Acapulco - now complains that it isn't hot enough any more. Tomato paste. It doesn't make sense. But still it is.

-RK

15 Thought(s):

Anonymous Anonymous thought...

Well, we'll have to get together and eat some good Thai food someday, eh? ;)

- Slack

1:13 PM  
Blogger Diana thought...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Diana thought...

Mexican hot that makes you sweat, eh? I like that too. ;)

Oh, wait, this doesn't really count as a thought, does it?

Hang on--I'll improve it:

La la la-la la la-la-la la la lalala...

4:24 AM  
Blogger Frankie thought...

God save us from these weirdos eh Rali? ;o)

Yeah... I LOVE the spicy food too... *sigh*

I miss you friend. Hopefully I'll talk to you soon... if not, take care! :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Diana thought...

Listen, Frankie... I know where you sleep. And I know WHEN you sleep. And don't think I won't be vigilant during that tiny window of opportunity. Do not underestimate the power of the mighty Dianasaur!

11:50 PM  
Blogger AJ thought...

"THESE WEIRDOS"????? EXCUSE ME? And who exactly is "these" supposed to refer to? HMM?

2:00 PM  
Blogger Frankie thought...

Yes, I'm talking about you and Diana, Slack. Deal with it. :)

Dianasaur, I'm sorry, but I don't fear you too much... only when you don't sleep enough... which usually means I'm not sleeping either... thus, I'm not really worried! ;)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

*reads increasingly confusedly* What are these weirdos doing posting biazarre comments on my perfectly normal, sane, lovely, and jubulant site?!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Darnell Clayton thought...

You and I have something in common...we LOVE spicy foods (although my family doesn't so that makes reunions difficult at the table). Selah!

8:57 PM  
Blogger AJ thought...

Who is hidden nook?

BTW Becca, you're slacking. You haven't posted for nearly 3 days!!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Spicy is GREAT! :D And Slack, stop talking to Diana's alter-ego on my blog! LOL

3:33 AM  
Blogger AJ thought...

Wow, I'm so confused. Is hidden nook Di?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

No, Becca is. (you ought to know this lol) HN is a buddy o mine =0) If you are still lost, im/email me

3:44 PM  
Blogger Diana thought...

Yeah, Ayejae, if you want to talk to me or my alter-ego, you should probably do it on my blog. It would be more appropriate. ;)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Exactly.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home