13 February 2005

Horror of Horrors.

Happy valentine's to me...

Sitting on a train, back from a show that really wasn't all that good - because of an amazing bass back home. This could be a problem, but it wasn't the main one. Sitting in a group of ten, laughing hysterically and being generally loud and obnoxious.

Random set of guys walks by. Seem nice enough. Random compliment to the group. Sure, I chuckle. It seems funny, and odd - and I've had a good day. Why not? Guy B stops, turns halfway past to extend hand. Seems fair enough. Presents request for name. I ablige, taking hand. Leaning in. Feeling confused. Offers name. Too confused, don't catch it. Receive kiss on cheek. Recieve overwhelming waft of alcohol. Turn red and laugh out of discomfort and confusion.

Moments later. Anger and violation being to decend. Feel annoyed, angry, resentful. Want revenge. Want pride back. Sit brooding for a while. Attempt to re-enter a conversation. Feel frustrated by the lack of concentration.

Set of guys return. Want to hide under the seat. Please, oh please, let me be invisible. Let me be left alone. Pretend to pay attention to conversation on my left. Hearing words - hearing other conversation turn to where I'm from. Don't admit that I'm from there. Keep quiet.

Pack of randomly drunk guys appear with the set. One is clearly older, talking about bikes. Not sure what he's on about; strange. Sound begins to escalate. Really would like to feel a need to use the restroom, but would rather just wait it out. Noise continues to escalate. Older guy ensures us they aren't a threat. That's strange. Log that one away...

Older guy seems cool enough, trying to tell the pack they must return to the bikes. Bikes won't ride themselves. Have to give the bikes sugar. Assume he is drawing a parallel with horses. Feel a bit better. Wish the pack would listen to this guy.

Few more train stops - I think. One more...train halts. Pack seems to be gathering up and moving out. Want to sigh in relief. Know that wouldn't be the right thing to do. Still want my revenge. "Kissy" standing right next to my seat, talking to others. They begin the handshake-goodbye ritual to the group. Coming around to me. Guy B, now first to me, goes in for the kiss. Hand to his chest to call off the advance. "Umm. No." Look of confusion and slight horror - the look of unexpected rejection. Mutterings and moves on to shake other hands, not mine. Ah, revenge!

Handshakes go around from the rest of the pack. They seemed nice enough. Too bad Guy A, now second to me wasn't the one to greet me before. He seemed decent. Less drunk.

Guy B feels a need for revenge. Makes some comment about some nasty connoctation. "Yeah. Okay." Rather disgusted look. He makes a "flirty-ish" face. More disgusted look, roll of eyes.

Exit from train. "Whew" of relief. Revenge was mine. Laughs go around. Next few stops, revel in the chance to extricate myself from the muck and mire. Still horrified, but at least avenged.

Train halt. This is our stop. Gather the bags, grab the coat, exit the train. It's cold and windy - and we're figuring out a taxi. It's easy really. Five and five. We stand in "line". Short enough. Van comes and we cram in. Off we go, as a soft blur into the night - back home where I will come, sit down after pj's and pulling socks off the line - and write. It's late...or early. But after a talk to the family, life seems all well and in order. It seems to be going better. The world seems to be in place. And it's good to get to rest after the long day.

Sigh. G'night.

-RK

5 Thought(s):

Blogger Frankie thought...

Whoa... now THAT is a story! Glad you got your revenge! :)

Woman, where have you been???

11:55 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

I have been waiting desperately for you to be around *tears* S'pose we keep missing each other =0(


PS. The new comment area is sort of strange - but I think I like it.

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous thought...

Well, seems like you've had an interesting day. Glad you got revenge on the half-drunk Brit...

ps. I feel abliged to tell you "oblige" is still spelled with an "o". ;)

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous thought...

Ooops, um...forgot this:

- Slack

1:34 PM  
Blogger Frankie thought...

FINALLY, we got to talk... but then I haven't seen you again! *tears*

I hope things are ok...

Don't you love it when the business majors think they can tell us how the world or more appropriately the word works? ;)

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home