16 December 2004

Have you been listening, again?

Because I've been talking.

And I know it shouldn't suprise me that you didn't know it - but it always did. It always confused me to know, always made me wonder why it was that way - why the world was that way. Why we all treat each other that way.

But I guess humanity is the same no matter where you are. Home or away, people treat people all the same. And while I'd like to pretend that you could go somewhere to escape all the hate, all the injustice, and the ignorance, all the harshness - really, the only place to go is inside your own mind.

Even then. It doesn't solve it all.

We all hate. We all lie and steal and cheat. We are all insincere, all cold, all uncaring, unloving, abrasive brats who only scream and cry for what we want. We are all unfair, all cruel, and all cynical.

Even when it comes to our better points - we still aren't perfect.

Most people aren't expected to be.

Then, some of us are.

As for me, I guess it is best to take what you get out of life. Whether you get to be ahead or you have to fall behind. Whether you have a chance to run the race, or you have to sit on the sidelines. Whether you know who and what you are, or if you never get it straight.

I think for me, it really is the most ideal thing you can do to just take what you get. I mean, it shouldn't have to be that way. We should all get to be idealistic dreamers, and things should all end up okay.

But they don't.

And if you never learn to take what you get, chances are you aren't going to get very much.

Sadly.

-RK

1 Thought(s):

Blogger Frankie thought...

Why can't idealism be realism? *sigh* That's always been my dream, for the ideal situations to be the ones we have to work with instead of the junk we're usually left with... :(

See you soon! *hug*

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home