04 October 2004

Should have...

...been getting my homework done.

...eaten healthier all along.

...smiled more and hurt less.

...dreamed less and lived more.

...realized before the fact.

...known before the pain.

...learned before the end.

But I guess all of that is irrelevant, isn't it? I mean you reach a certain point in life when you finally understand - but then, its already too late to look back and fix anything. So instead, you just end up moping and feeling sorry for yourself. But really, what's the point?

...don't you ever get tired of hearing someone whine? Complain about all the how horrible's, and the how terrible's, and the oh my dear's? Don't we ever get tired of hearing ourselves complain? Don't we ever weary of being pessimistic and dark? Don't we ever get tired of it.

...Don't we laugh?

I guess Beckett really was right. I guess we just don't feel like it, do we? And I guess in the end - the endgame just plays us out and we just end up wherever we are and that's it - the end of things. Just like that, as if none of it ever mattered.

I guess that is sort of how life plays out some of the time - or at least on its own.

...Maybe I'll just remain here, like this, for the rest of my life - for the rest of time. Maybe I'll just stay like I am and look like I do and sound like I will - forever. And maybe everything in life will just be the same. And maybe some things will never really get any better or different or change.

It's always that way at the end of the day, isn't it Clov?

Isn't it?

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home