12 October 2004

Goodbye Sky Harbor

Thinking thoughts of people I though actually had some respect for me.

They didn't.

I know that now.

I might be better for it, you know? I just might be. Despite what they wanted - despite what they thought or apparently didn't think they had done. I might still be the better for it in the end.

People have a way of doing things that show things I didn't wanted to see - but needed to. I guess that is just the way of it. Sometimes, you have to look through the window to see that the tornado is headed for your house only so you can get into the cellar before it strikes. Sometimes, you have to stay still and watch the disaster come only so it doesn't kill you when it does.

And because you saw it - you're the better for it. You might be terrified and you might be strucken with horror you cannot express or comprehend - but you really are the better for it.

And so, really - despite their attacks and attempts, I have been the better for it.

If I wasn't, if I wouldn't be - what was the point in enduring through it all just to end up...here?

No, I can't believe that's just it. There has to be more.

Sure, maybe there isn't. Maybe it's just to show me that some people aren't your friends. Maybe it just shows me that some people don't care; that some people don't think.

Maybe that's all it shows, all it says - all the better that I am for it.

Maybe. But that is something...

isn't it?

not asking of me anything...without anybody...

...maybe the light will break someday.

Just maybe.

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home