14 September 2004

Changes or bad memory?

Went to a website I haven't been at for a while....wow, did that hurt.

I guess one expects things to change that never really do. I dunno, maybe we're all just a bunch of fools. And maybe we're looking for more than we are ever going to get.

...maybe love isn't all its cracked up to be.

It would be easier if I were home, to watch over things - to know what things really are now. But I'm not and I can't. But really, words don't mean much if they don't amount to nothing...do they?

I guess I was expecting more, hoping for something that some things just aren't going to be. I guess I trixed myself into believing in things that weren't believable, or tried to make myself see things that were invisible, not expect things that were inevitable, or just ignore things that were right in front of me.

Life doesn't change - I've decided. Everything remains the same, as it was - as it will always be. Situations don't get better, they just get put on hold. People don't get nicer, you just forget about it when they aren't.

And I guess that is all life is - a comprision of things that are and things that we forget. So that in the end, we think that things get better. But then you look back at the past and realize that life is just as it was then; and that nothing in fact has changed at all.

I guess that is the only way we ever survive - is to forget. Forget what is bad, forget what hurts, and pretend like life is any different now than it was before.

Without that, I suppose we'd all just go mad.

And yet, looking back at things that have not changed...that remind us of a time that we cannot look past...those things still do hurt.

-RK

4 Thought(s):

Blogger Christopher Welker thought...

What website.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Darnell Clayton thought...

Change is optional. If the situation doesn't change, change yourself so it does. Selah!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Frankie thought...

Sometimes it really does seem like life doesn't change. But my friend, it must. Just like we evolve and grow, so does life to some extent. I agree that the basic rules remain the same, but I think that the nuances change all the time...

The saddness and confusion will subside someday...

10:28 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

perspective(s)

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home