04 July 2004

Can it ever be true again?

I thought once that you knew me,
But I can see now how wrong I was.
And I knew once that you loved me,
but tonight I can't hear through the haze.

What happened to what we used to be;
All I am feeling is the pain.
And how'd we get so far from what we used to be;
The chaff being mixed with the grain?

Yet I know that you love me still,
You always somehow have.
I guess that I'm just so scared,
that we won't make it throught the storm.

And if I lost you, I'd lose the better part of me;
I'd be afraid of waking tomorrow...
Yet lately even here in your wings,
I cannot pretend I feel no sorrow.

And I cannot express in words tonight,
I can't even write them here.
And I get so aggrivated with it all,
That you still don't even hear.

My words and tears fall to the floor
and my heart is close behind.
And again and again its so hopeless,
when even my own words I cannot find.

So I run because it's the only place
I know there's safety left for me.
And it's not that I want you to go,
It's just I don't know what I see now.

So I'd rather let the storms toss me,
than struggle through my thoughts.
And I'm getting so tired now,
of all the times we've fought.

Can't we just somehow rekindle
the blazing fire we let slowly die?
Can't we please just find the silence,
and stop asking ourselves why?

Cuz all I ever wanted
was to just be here with you.
And all I ever needed here,
was to only be a part of you.

I never wanted any more
than just to be a part of your life.
And even in that, my love
You know I'd gladly share your pain.

Just please don't forget me...
"I won't forget you My Gift," He says.
But do I wait to let him in again?
So volnerable I am after so much.

Though my life is not the same without him.
He works to make me happy,
he wants to see me smile;
His life is so mine can be complete


November 24, 2001

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home