23 June 2004

Well, does it?

Does hope negate the despair I feel? Does trust negate this fear? Does love end the pain, the hurt I know? Does knowing what's real kill the nightmare?

Well, does it?

No answers, but always more questions.

Does joy negate trembling? Does willfullness negate hesitation? Does wisdom negate choice?

Well, does it?

Does security mean I'm there, or just that I'm still on my way? Does assurance mean I'm happy, or just that one day I may be? Does walking stop me from falling? Does running keep me from turning? Does movement cease the stillness?

Well, does it?

No affirmation. No call from the deep, there where my soul is lying dormant. No waking and stirring in the dark of this night. No hand to hold...but mine.

And still the questions keep me guessing. Still the answers keep me searching. Still this veil of what my life will mean comes falling down all around me, covering my eyes to what it was. Leaving me tangled in the decision of what it is.

But as always, time will tell - won't it?

Time has a way of doing that. Time always tells....

Doesn't it?

Every answer met with every question. Every dream met with every doubt. Every truth met with every uncertainty. Every light met with every shadow.

And the hardest question of them all falls, yet again: Does life really have a purpose?

Am I just searching in the dark for vapor? Am I just groping in the confusion for nothing? Or is there something more? Does all of this ever get to mean something more?

Well, does it?

-RK

1 Thought(s):

Anonymous Anonymous thought...

Yes, life has a purpose. It's our purpose to find it, eh? Perhaps that's our purpose. Or half of it anyways.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home