05 June 2004

Watching over you, even from a distance

I'm always here.
I haven't changed - it's still just me.
And I'm still here whenever for whatever you need.
And it's that same girl who always was - whose still here.

If you need a hand in the dark-
Reach out for mine.
If you need a whisper in the night-
lend your ear to my voice.
If you ever find yourself lost and you don't know where to turn...
Come to me and I'll try to help you find home.

When it's cold outside and you feel like the world is crumbling to pieces-
Remember me.
When it's night outside but you need to run screaming...
Look for me.

I'm just ten numbers away on the telephone bill,
I'm just a car ride or a plane trip away.
I'll always be under the same sun-
if even at a different time.
I'll always be the same me...
even if you don't recognize my face.
It's still me in there, still me inside...
still me to hug you and help you through the night.

So when the world comes crashing down
and if your life feels like a landslide,
Don't foget me on this side of the world
when you need someone to remind you you're alive-
Or to show you the narrow road again.

You may change and make some foolish choices,
or feel like you've squandered your life.
You may end up happy-
or well off in Berevly Hills.
But the night that the bottom of your dreams falls out...
Don't forget the times that I was there in the past
and remember I've pomised to always do the same.

Cuz I'm still here, watching over you...
even if you're far away.
And I'm still hear praying over you...
even when you walk right by.
I'm still here - loving you
even if you're gone for good.

Cuz there may be one day when you need me,
or even if you just think of me...
and I want you to always know
that I'm still here if you ever care.

-RLL

For those of you who need to hear the words; for those who don't know it; and for those who I have loved - and still do. Beloveds - my heart goes with you, even when you don't notice. And I want you to always know that no matter where you are or what you have done, I will always be here waiting to hear how you are and willing to be there when that isn't so good.

1 Thought(s):

Blogger Frankie thought...

:'( I am truly touched...

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home