02 June 2004

thank you

Los Amigos salsa.
Mixed with tons of ketchup -
but still salsa.

Kimchee pepper.
aquired taste
that I can't figure out why I like.

Eating chips and Picante at home...
not with cream cheese cuz mild isn't hot
Not anymore.

Changed, altered
never the same again.
You -
you did this to me.

Driving in a kia - windows down,
my hair not pulled back.
The passenger seat pushed back as far as it can go.

Whipping around corners,
not even teasing the break.
Letting everything in the car slide from side to side.

One hand on the wheel,
but not how its safe.
Falling asleep half way to Simi.

Changed, altered.
never that me again.
You -
you made me see the world like this.

Coffee-shop hopping,
but always coming back to Starbucks-
or Butler's Brew in WoodRanch.

Regal cinema, Thomas Kinkade-
Bed, bath, and beyond...
so far beyond I lost track.

Sitting down stairs by the tv.
Bird room, getting lost...
always willing to see we're wrong.

Changed, altered.
Never seventeen again.
You -
you left me life this.

Christmas day as a driving effort,
Fourth of July -
the loneliest day of each year.

Easter comes,
but I'm still here,
without eggs in any baskets.

England...
can't wait to come home,
can't wait to leave.

Changed, altered.
never safe here again.
You -
you showed me this.

Showed me that I was a dreamer,
how perfect I thought I was...
only to prove me wrong.

Took my heart to give it back -
but now nothing looks the same.

Changed, altered.
That's what you did for me.

Changed me.
Altered me.
And I'll never be the same again.

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home