29 June 2004

Is anyone listening?

Is there anyone out there? Is there anyone that hears me?

Does anyone pay attention to my cries?

Is there anyone who notices?

Sometimes - I really wonder.

I wonder about a whole lot of things, but sometimes I really do wonder if anyone is listening. Not that it matters, not that it changes anything. But sometimes, it'd just be nice to know that someone is listening.

Not that I would be saying much. Not that I would say anything at all; maybe just rambling on about nothing or blathering about how the weekend always ends up 50 miles from where it should have or just mulling over sand hills and ocean waves and why they crash on the beach...

it doesn't necessarily matter. Sometimes, it would just be nice to know that someone else is listening. That's really all there is.

And sometimes, you ask the question just to ask it. You don't really care if anyone actually answers. You just need to ask to know that the question still exists.

This may be one of those times. One of those times to just ask...

is anyone out there listening?

-RK

5 Thought(s):

Blogger Resident Apt. Six thought...

I'm listening. I don't always know what to say, or if I should say anything at all, but I am listening.

If you ever want to talk to someone actually in the flesh I'm here. Let me know and I'll be there.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

You are awesome! Thanks. And of course, the same goes for me.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Christopher Welker thought...

Sorry if i dont seem like i am listening, i do, but from a distance, while i am listening to my own heart again.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Darnell Clayton thought...

Vengence (did I spell that right) is an interesting topic. I saw your profile...who are you? And how did you find me?
~Hidden Nook~

11:26 AM  
Blogger Ralikat thought...

Anto, thank you.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home