19 June 2004

Battlefield Life

Love really is like a battlefield. You have to fight for what you want...

but then, when the enemy closes in and you realize that you cannot overcome - you have to surrender. You wave the white flag and you retreat.

If you can't retreat, you become a prisoner of war - put away in a camp to sit on your hands and do what you are told until the war is over.

Either way - you stop fighting and you do something else. You run back home or you follow instructions just to stay alive. Either way, you aren't a part of the war anymore. You may fight new battles where you are - you may even fight a totally different war - but you don't fight the same war once you surrender. Not anymore.

And when you realize that the war you wanted to fight is over, you just have to pick up and carry on with the life you had before. Don't you? You have to let the battle wounds heal, and then you have to pick up somewhere around where you once left off. That is the only way to not go crazy, not get stuck in the memories of war. You just have to heal and pick up again. You just have to live your life again...

And so the white flag has been waved. And now? Just gathering my things and going off to wherever I am being sent...home, war camp, the hospital, or just back to the barracks to fight again sooner than I though. I'm not sure where exactly I stand in this war yet - but I know I'm not fighting. It isn't my time, it isn't my place.

Maybe another day in another place with another road behind me and another light before me. But not now...or at least, not yet.

So again, I will wait. I will get my life to move on from this point somehow, and I will wait.

-RK

0 Thought(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home